Here at APEX Health Movement, we run a 4 week T2D program where you:
- Get to meet others at a similar stage of their condition
- Prioritise your health in a fun and supportive environment
- Most importantly, enjoy yourself through the process
What is our Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) program?
Our type 2 diabetes program is an exciting 4-week exercise program that focuses on bringing people together and achieving goals along the way.
To begin, you will see our Exercise Physiology team for a 30 min one on one session. This allows us to understand you as a person and understand how we can help you achieve the most out of our classes. (initial assessments involve monitoring blood glucose levels and other biological measures) and to get you prepared to move into our group sessions.
The next 4 weeks of the program involves 1 hour group sessions that run 2x per week. These are self paced and guided circuit based training programs, where you will meet many like minded people following a similar path to yourself. Our ultimate goal for these sessions in FUN and SAFE environments, where participants feel supported and encouraged every step of the way.
On completion of the 4 week program, our clients then sit down again with their Exercise Physiologist for a reassessment and planning session. This is to ensure all your efforts are rewarded and you develop a sustainable roadmap to Discovering Your Best Health in the medium to long term. Once completed, your practitioner will compile a report, with updates being sent back to your referring GP.
Who is it for, what are the costs and how do I sign up?
Who can do it?
Anyone currently living type 2 diabetes has access to the Medicare scheme through their GP (“Individual Allied Health Services under Medicare for patients with a chronic medical condition and complex care needs”). These services are in addition to the Medicare Chronic Disease Management Plan (CDM)/ Team Care Arrangement (TCA) giving clients 5 Medicare rebate sessions for Allied Health Services per calendar year
What are the costs associated with the T2D program?
- Our clients are charged a $59 sign up fee before beginning their journey with us. This covers:
- A self care mobility pack including a Mobility Ball and Mini-Band for you to use in session and take home with you to keep
- A one-on-one reassessment with your Exercise Physiologist on completion of the 4 week program (the Medicare scheme does not include a reassessment appointment)
- Apart from this initial cost, all other sessions are completely Bulk Billed under Medicare upon referral by your GP.
How do I sign up?
Speak with your GP or alternatively give us a call to discuss the program further. We are able to send you a pre-filled form to assist your GP in making the referral process easier.